Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Supporting Evidence

Previously, I stated that I no longer considered myself an evangelical. This man does, and I present his views as the tip of a very large (and in his case, gluttonous) iceburg of reasons why I cannot associate the teachings of Christ with the likes of him. I know that "evangelicalism" is a large -ism with a spectrum of views and beliefs. However, at the core, most evans have the same views. Consider how the election was won: "moral" values. Apparently, Jesus really was white, wealthy, and sub-urban.

Although he may look too fat to be able to get his foot above his breasts, every time Jerry Falwell opens his mouth the foot goes right in. "In the name of Jesus!" I'm sure I need not state why his words and ideas are such an affront to the Gospel.

Ungracious? Sure, but who cares? I'm forgiven!